Updates to the evolving COVID-19 situation will be posted here, so you don’t have to search through social media to answer your questions.
Update 04/06/2020: Today the Governor issued additional information regarding the operation of retailers in Indiana. These new guidelines mean we will be able to resume business on April 8 in the same fashion that we had previously been functioning prior to March 24.
We will be open for curbside pickups and local delivery. We will not be able to allow customers inside the shop until further notice. While we re-start things, we will be featuring locally grown flowers. We have missed doing business with our local farms who were just coming in to season at the time of shut down!
Hours April 8 – April 11th :
Wednesday – Friday 10am – 4pm
Saturday 9am – 3pm
Update 04/03/2020: The Stay-at-Home order in Indiana has been extended through April 20. We will re-open April 21st barring any future changes.
Update 3/25/2020: We are now closed until April 7. We look forward to reopening as soon as it is safe and possible to do so! During our closure, you can support us in the following ways:
– Follow us on Facebook or Instagram (we may be holding pre-order sales here while closed).
– Purchase an egift card for yourself or someone who loves us! They are redeemable via phone or in-person.
– Leave a review! Reviews help families from out of town, or university residents who are new in town, find us!
– Sign up for our newsletter. Sales, events & more are distributed here first!
Update 3/23/2020: In order to comply with the Stay-at-Home order issued today in the State of Indiana, we will be closed March 25th thru April 6. We will resume normal business April 7.
On Tuesday 3/24 we will be open 10am – 5pm. We will be offering curbside service or delivery only. At this time we will not be allowing customers in the shop. We are waiving both the delivery minimum and delivery fee for orders on 3/24/2020.
If you have an existing order placed between 3/25 and 4/6, we will be in touch on Tuesday 3/24, if we have not contacted you already.
Order gift cards online (redeemable via phone or in-person only): https://squareup.com/gift/4XDAXDKCHGJRD/order
Sign up for our newsletter to receive announcements on specials, events & more: http://eepurl.com/beXEPn
Contact Us about your future order or gathering– we have a lot of free time coming up!
As you know, these are trying times for all of us. I have been working to assess an ever-changing situation to see how we can best fulfill our obligations to our community, customers, and staff.
Of course, we are currently operating with heightened attention to sanitation and hygiene as recommended by the CDC, with special attention to hand-washing, and disinfecting frequently touched fixtures, surfaces, and tools. The shop is being re-arranged to limit the available points of contact between the public and your flowers.
Truthfully, given the nearly-overnight cancellation or postponement of nearly all special events and gatherings, and especially the cancellation of all University activities, the next six to eight weeks of business look daunting. Know that we appreciate each & every order between now and when normalcy resumes.
Our store hours, and services offered, will be updated on a week-to-week basis, as we continue to adjust to new information.
How we can help you:
- Free Curbside Service: If you would like to place an order with us, but do not want to enter the store for pick-up, please call us when you arrive and we will bring your items to your car, packed for travel. 765-743-FLWR(3597)
- Delivery Minimum Waived until at least 3/30: We normally operate with a $30 minimum + $7 delivery fee within Greater Lafayette. We will waive our current $30 delivery minimum through the 3/30. If you would like to place an order, just pay for the product + delivery fee, and we will bring it to you.
- Leave-at-Door Deliveries: Weather permitting, we are happy to leave a delivery at a safe and sheltered entrance at your request.
- Wedding & Special Event Consultations – Should you feel uncomfortable attending an in-person meeting, we are happy to offer you an appointment via Skype so you don’t have to delay your planning process.
How you can help us:
- Buy Gifts Cards – If you’d like, we’ll even hold it for you at the shop until you’re ready to visit us.
- Shop Online – we’re always open at rubiaflowermarket.com
- Take 10 Minutes to review your fave spots online
- Like, comment, and share the social media posts of local businesses
We encourage our team members, guests, and community to:
- Dry hands with paper towels instead of cloth towels
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you are sick or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with disposable tissues and then wash hands
We would like to send a huuuge sincere thank you to those who have already visited for gift cards or armloads of flowers, trying to do your part to make sure we’re able to weather this storm. Please continue to support local small businesses; we’re all in this together.
Until we’re on the other side of this, we will be holding on to the truth that flowers are a symbol of hope, cheer, comfort, and healing to us all.
All the best,
Sarah Harmon & the Rubia Flower Market staff